[Histonet] Recycling slide brite

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Tue Apr 26 14:51:15 CDT 2011

Being a MIXTURE of hydrocarbons, it will crack at different temperatures (separately). You would have to reconstitute it using the same proportions (usually "proprietary").
René J.

--- On Tue, 4/26/11, Dawn Herron <dwenzel01 <@t> gmail.com> wrote:

From: Dawn Herron <dwenzel01 <@t> gmail.com>
Subject: [Histonet] Recycling slide brite
To: Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Date: Tuesday, April 26, 2011, 2:25 PM

Hello histonetters. We have made the transition from xylene to using slide
brite in our stainer and for coverslipping and have worked out all the kinks
except one---recycling it successfully. We've been talking to our recycler
manufacturer (B&R) and the manufacturer of slide brite and still haven't had
a successful run. Does anyone out there use this product and recycle it? If
so could you send me your recycling protocol? Any thoughts would be
appreciated.

Thanks,
Dawn