[Histonet] silver stain on slide-mounted FFPE brain tissues

Robin Dean robin_dean <@t> compbio.com
Mon Apr 25 17:09:49 CDT 2011

Hi Histonetters,

We want to do a  degeneration-selective silver stain on slide-mounted
formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded monkey brain sections. It looks like most
of the kits/protocols are for free floating tissue sections or chunks of
tissue that are stained and then sectioned. Has anyone used this stain or a
similar stain on  slide -mounted brain sections?  (something more like an
IHC protocol). We need to do multiple different stains on sections from the
same brain, so we don't want to silver stain a whole chunk of brain tissue,
just some individual sections. I'd appreciate any suggestions or help anyone
might have to offer.

Thank you,

Robin

Robin R. Dean, Ph.D.