[Histonet] Re: Histonet Biopsy Program for Sakura VIP 5/6 Processor

Johnson, Teri TJJ <@t> stowers.org
Tue Apr 19 13:43:44 CDT 2011

Wow, somehow I missed this email. Sorry for the delay.

Andria, take the heat off your alcohols. Keep it on the formalin and the paraffin, but do the rest of the processing at ambient temperature. Make sure you put only small soft tissues on this schedule though, tougher collagenous skin specimens might not process well enough with the quick dehydration times you have.

I am curious how you arrived at the timing for the steps. 14 minutes, 9 minutes, 7 minutes, 23 minutes, etc?

Good luck and best wishes,

Teri

Teri Johnson, HT(ASCP)QIHC
Head, Histology and Electron Microscopy