[Histonet] Question about delayed start in Leica Tissue Processor

Jenny Vega histotech411 <@t> gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 20:51:57 CDT 2011

Hello. I have little experience using the tissue processor from my lab which
is an old version of the Leica  TP1020. I was taugh that since on weekends
the processor is not going to be used then you have to set up the days of
delay for example 2-18:20 (2 represents saturday and sunday). On Monday
(tomorrow) I have the day off, so the processor won't be used. When I come
back on Tuesday I have to change the the time as 0-18:20 so that the
processor starts working that day and on wednesday. On thursday, friday,
saturday and Sunday will also have the days off. I am confused because my
supevisor told me to set the time as 3-18:20 next Wednesday, and since I
will not be working in the lab for 4 days straight that does not make sense,
it is suppose to be 4-18:20 instead. I think she made a mistake telling me
that since maybe she confused the program of this week when the processor
was programmed as 3-18:20 because used for 3 days straight (saturday to
monday). My supervisor won't be in the lab next week so I cannot ask her.

This question seems silly but I want to be sure. I know that if tissue is
left for a long time in paraffin the tissue can get over-harden and I don't
want to program de delayed start as 3-18:20 thinking it is the correct way
when is not.

Thanks