[Histonet] Control Tissue

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Sun Apr 17 09:47:28 CDT 2011

A tissue processor is "working up to par" as long as the processing protocol you use is adequate.
Meaning that the tissue processor does what you tell it to do.
If with your protocol you are able to obtain a well infiltrated tissue, that is the objective.
Each tissue contains "internal controls", use them as a reference.
René J.

--- On Sun, 4/17/11, histotech <@t> imagesbyhopper.com <histotech <@t> imagesbyhopper.com> wrote:

From: histotech <@t> imagesbyhopper.com <histotech <@t> imagesbyhopper.com>
Subject: [Histonet] Control Tissue
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Date: Sunday, April 17, 2011, 10:37 AM

Hi Histonetters!

I have been requested to post a question to the group at large:  Is there
any way to process a "control tissue" in a tissue processor, with the hopes
of showing that the processor is working up to par?  Perhaps someone has a
procedure for this sort of thing?  I know we use known controls for stains,
but how would one accomplish this sort of thing with a tissue processor?

TIA for any insight!

Michelle