[Histonet] un-nucleated squamous epithelial cells

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Thu Apr 14 14:22:41 CDT 2011

Any extra-dried skin can shed cells. The best option is having your HTs using some skin lotion (like Keri lotion) to prevent shedding of cells.
René J.

--- On Thu, 4/14/11, Charles, Roger <rcharles <@t> state.pa.us> wrote:

From: Charles, Roger <rcharles <@t> state.pa.us>
Subject: [Histonet] un-nucleated squamous epithelial cells
To: "Histonet (histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu)" <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Date: Thursday, April 14, 2011, 2:56 PM

Hello,
Has anyone studied where un-nucleated squamous epithelial cells originate from?   I'm leaning towards "thumbing blocks" with an ungloved hand but don't know for sure.  Other possibilities I've come up with are dandruff from the head or uncovered arms.  I hate to see our histologist work in a complete tyvek outfit so I'm searching for clues.
Thanks to all.
Roger

Roger Charles| Microbiologist II
Pennsylvania Veterinary Laboratory
2305 North Cameron Street | Harrisburg, PA 17110
Phone: 717.787.8808 | Fax: 717.772.3895
www.agriculture.state.pa.us<http://www.agriculture.state.pa.us>