[Histonet] [Help] oil red O stain in fattty change liver

kyoung LEE east78 <@t> yahoo.co.kr
Thu Apr 14 09:07:24 CDT 2011

Dear sirs.

I don't know whether I send this question to you.

For several weeks, I'm setting oil red O stain in fattty change liver (mouse).

Could you review my protocol?

1. Murine tissue,livers, is fixed with 10% NBF(10% neutral-buffered formalin).
2. Make frozen block
3. Blocks were cut 5um in crystat and dried for 1~2H at RT.
4. store at -20
5. let it dry for 30mins at RT
6. immerse it in cold 10% NBF for 10mins
7. staining

After staining, my section were fallen off and seperated.

I search many protocols. Some suggest additional fixation is necessary as soon
as cutting.
Others suggest prefixed tissue is not necessary additional fixation.

Plz send me your comments.