[Histonet] slide brite and coverslip drying time

Dawn Herron dwenzel01 <@t> gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 11:16:48 CDT 2011

Hello all. We have just made the transition from xylene in our linear
stainer to Slide Brite. We are also coverslipping from Slide Brite with
Permount. So far the slides look good (though we have to be careful about
water contamination in the dehydrating alcohols) but we are having a problem
with extremely long coverslipping drying time. Some of the slides have been
on the warmer for over 18 hours and you can still move the coverslips!
(Normally the slides would dry within 4 hours on the warmer with xylene and
acrymount) Any suggestions on how to speed drying time?

Thanks,
Dawn