AW: [Histonet] Ventana ultra

Gudrun Lang gu.lang <@t> gmx.at
Wed Apr 13 10:01:35 CDT 2011

What we like about the Ultra is, that there's no need for cleaning runs
between the runs and that you can take out the bulk and waste containers
during the run.
We don't use the continious loading, because it doesn't fit to our workplan
and because we use various antibodies from run to run.
The runs are faster, but more than 2 runs per 8 hour shift and 1 run over
night are not possible for us. That's the same workload we did with the XT.

There are "windows" during the run, when you can add new slides and reagens.
If the needed reagens in on the instrument, you can add them any time, if
there's enough place. But the run will last longer and you have to wait for
a "window" of the longer run to get the reagens off the instrument. Ready
stained slides can be taken out independently. But the free pads cannot be
filled and runs started, until you have the possibility to add the right
reagens. So we decided to stay with "patch-workload" and real go-away.

Bye
Gudrun

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] Im Auftrag von
Barbara.Crill <@t> LPNT.net
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 13. April 2011 15:39
An: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Betreff: [Histonet] Ventana ultra

Does anyone use the Benchmark Ultra - care to share your comments?

We are considering switching from the Benchmark XT to the Ultra but would
like to hear from users about this instrument.
Is there an increase in reagent cost?

Can you really add more slides without adding time to the run?

ANTOINETTE CRILL, MBA,CT(ASCP)
TEAM LEADER ANATOMIC PATHOLOGY
DANVILLE REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER
(O) 434.799.4470