[Histonet] Counterstain for dual chromogenic

Tony Henwood AnthonyH <@t> chw.edu.au
Tue Apr 12 18:11:35 CDT 2011

Try ethyl green:
1.	0.1N Acetic Acid
	Add 6ml of glacial acetic acid to 1000 ml of distilled water.
2.	0.1N Sodium Acetate
Add 4.102 g of sodium acetate to 500 ml of distilled water
3.	pH 4.2 buffer
Add 755 ml of 0.1N acetic acid to 264 ml of 0.1N Sodium Acetate and adjust the pH to 4.2 with 1M NaOH
4.	Ethyl Green Solution
To 100ml of buffer add 2g Ethyl Green (CI 42590)
Can be stored at room temp.
If staining turns bluish than the solution has started to deteriorate.

Stain for 5 minutes. Do not rinse in water for too long, it tends to extract the green staining

Regards
Tony Henwood JP, MSc, BAppSc, GradDipSysAnalys, CT(ASC), FFSc(RCPA)
Laboratory Manager & Senior Scientist
Tel: 612 9845 3306
Fax: 612 9845 3318
the children's hospital at westmead
Cnr Hawkesbury Road and Hainsworth Street, Westmead
Locked Bag 4001, Westmead NSW 2145, AUSTRALIA