[Histonet] Counterstain for dual chromogenic

Eva Permaul eca9 <@t> georgetown.edu
Tue Apr 12 10:37:17 CDT 2011

Good morning,
I have been attempting to do some dual chromogenic staining. I am using
a mouse and a rabbit antibody. For the mouse antibody I am using an
HRP-mouse secondary followed by AEC for visualization. For the rabbit
antibody I am using a biotinylated rabbit secondary, followed by ABC-AP
and vector blue. My problem is what to use as a counterstain. From
everything I have read so far there isn't one that would work without
having some problems. I was thinking of trying a very light Hematoxylin
and see if it doesn't disrupt the vector blue visualization too much.
Does anyone else have any suggestions?
Thanks,
Eva