[Histonet] Immuno's

Cynthia Pyse cpyse <@t> x-celllab.com
Mon Apr 11 11:37:11 CDT 2011

Do you use a hydrophobic pen to circle the tissue. This concentrates the
solution where you need it.

Cindy Pyse, CLT, HT (ASCP)
Laboratory/Histology Supervisor
X-Cell Laboratories
716-250-9235 etx.232
e-mail cpyse <@t> x-celllab.com

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Hannen,
Valerie
Sent: Monday, April 11, 2011 10:26 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Immuno's

Hi Folks..

Looking for a bit of help. Is there anyone out there who are doing their
immuno's manually?  Our Pathologist has just informed us that our
immuno's are ALL too weak.
He states that they always have been, as he compares them to slides that
we get back from the  reference labs that we use for the antibodies that
we don't do in-house.

If you are doing them manually...what companies are you using for
antibodies, detection kit and chromogen? And are your stains really
dark?

I informed our Pathologist that I know for a fact that the reference
labs that we use, do the immuno's on stainers, and naturally these
stains will be consistently be stronger.

I am trying to see if I can keep costs down by trying not to have to buy
a stainer and continue to do the immuno's manually.

If you all know of a wet-workshop or of a immuno. company who would send
someone to our facility to teach us ( the latter is preferred, since my
section chief is going to retire in 1 1/2 weeks, I will be taking over
her duties and this is going to leave us with only myself and one other
tech, until we can get a replacement for my position).

Any help or advice that can be given will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much.

Valerie Hannen, MLT(ASCP),HTL,SU (FL)
Parrish Medical Center
Titusville,Florida

"This email is intended solely for the use of the individual to
whom it is addressed and may contain information that is
privileged, confidential or otherwise exempt from disclosure
under applicable law. If the reader of this email is not the
intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for
hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or
copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this communication in error, please immediately