[Histonet] RUO antibodies

Bell, Mandy Mandy.Bell <@t> chomp.org
Tue Apr 5 11:45:59 CDT 2011

I know this has been brought up before, but the question of whether or not we can bill for RUO antibodies has come up in my lab.  I was under the impression that you could use the RUO antibody with a disclaimer, but could not bill for it.  Our pathologists say we can bill for RUO antibodies as long as we have the disclaimer.  Does anyone know which is correct, and where I can find the documentation to back it up?  Thanks.

Mandy M Bell , HTL (ASCP)
Histology Department
Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula
831.625.4791