[Histonet] Tyramide

Adam . anonwums1 <@t> gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 11:21:19 CDT 2010

I've had good luck with the biotinyl tyramide system from Perkin-Elmer

Here is what I do using an unlabeled primary antibody
1) Block endogenous peroxide since you use peroxidase chemistry for this to
work
2) Block avidin
3) Block biotin
4) Block with TNB buffer (the kit's equivalent of blocking serum)
5) Add primary antibody
6) Add biotinylated secondary antibody
7) Add SA-HRP (comes with kit)
8) Add biotinyl tyramide reagent. The HRP will deposit biotinylated tyramide
near your antigen.
9) Add SA-HRP
10) Add DAB

It works well. It also works if you replace step 9 with SA-fluorophore and
don't use DAB at all.

If your primary antibody is already labeled with HRP, you could do try this:

1) Block endogenous peroxide since you use peroxidase chemistry for this to
work
2) Block avidin
3) Block biotin
4) Block with TNB buffer (the kit's equivalent of blocking serum)
5) Add primary HRP conjugated antibody
6) Add biotinyl tyramide reagent
7) Add SA-HRP
8) Add DAB

I've never tried it, but I'd expect it won't amplify as well as my method.
However, I see no reason why it shouldn't work.

Good luck,
Adam