[Histonet] RE: Histonet Digest, Vol 82, Issue 35

Nancy Schmitt nancy_schmitt <@t> pa-ucl.com
Tue Sep 28 11:02:25 CDT 2010

1.  We do not count folds.
2.  Slide turnaround - but that is usually when we are short staffed - our pathology group does very little complaining - I know we are lucky!
3.  First run of slide goes up at 730 and every 45 minutes after until all is out - we shoot for 1030.
4.  Ordered by noon comes out the same day; after noon goes on the overnight run.

Nancy Schmitt HT, MLT (ASCP)
Histology Coordinator
United Clinical Laboratories
205 Bluff Street
Dubuque, IA  52001
563-556-2010 ext.142

Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 09:57:00 -0400
From: Clare Thornton <CThornton <@t> dahlchase.com>
Subject: [Histonet] QA Questions
To: "'histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu'"

I would love to hear some other labs' responses to these questions.  For clarification, we are a private clinical lab, and we average about 50,000 cases/year.

1.  What percentage of slides to you have that have greater than 1 fold?

2.  On average what do your pathologists complain about as far as quality?

3.  What is your Turn Around Time?   What time do the pathologists start getting slides and what time do they have all of their work for the day?

4.  What is your IHC turn around time?  If the pathologists order IHC tests before what time do they have same day turn around time?

Clare J.Thornton, HTL (ASCP), QIHC
Assistant Histology Supervisor
Dahl-Chase Diagnostic Services
417 State Street, Suite 540