AW: [Histonet] FISH procedures

Gudrun Lang gu.lang <@t> gmx.at
Sun Sep 26 04:03:30 CDT 2010

I work in a histolab in Austria as Biomedical Scientist. There's no
differentiation between histotechs and MTs in this lab. We perform manual
FISH on FFPET like Her2neu and others. The reading is done by pathologists.

I think FISH belongs to high level duties in histolab and should be
performed by well educated histo-people. This said, also FISH is a technique
done step by step after a hopefully well-done protocol. The ability of
troubleshooting is the point.
Automatically performed FISH is a matter of instrument maintenance.

Gudrun Lang

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] Im Auftrag von Mimmo
Pozzuoli
Gesendet: Samstag, 25. September 2010 17:05
An: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Betreff: [Histonet] FISH procedures

A question for people working in urology and other types of histology
labs...

Do histotechnicians perform FISH procedures in your lab or is it required to
have an MT on board to do such tests? I have heard of ISH being done in
histology settings and imagine that the automation of them has lent a
particular level of ease to the process.

With more and more labs doing these types of procedures, what are the
requirements for testing personnel? same as histology work under CLIA regs?