[Histonet] How long ...

Massimo max_histo_00 <@t> yahoo.it
Sun Sep 19 17:41:13 CDT 2010

Hi all,

I found into a shelf of the laboratory a small flask containing mouse samples
fixed in Bouin's fluid and preserved in ethanol at 70°, forgotten there for a
few years.
I wonder if it would be possible to continue the process up to paraffin
embedding for histological preparations.
Some time ago a professor of biology at the University of Florence told me that
they could remain in alcohol for years, but on literature I found that the time
can not be so long without altering tissues.
Has anyone had a similar experience?
It's better to throw everything away or not?
Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards,

Massimo Tosi