[Histonet] RE: Cutting, Processing, etc

sgoebel <@t> xbiotech.com sgoebel <@t> xbiotech.com
Fri Sep 17 13:19:31 CDT 2010

   They  do  say  that  in the next 10 years 70% or so of us will be ret   ired.   I am 30, and a rarity it seems.  I think the main issue wi   people  not  picking  up  histology  is because it is a fairly unknown
   field.   have a b   graduate     working  at  Walmart  doe   staying  in histology.  I k   you  make,  but  it  still  isn't enou   world  since  '98 and the pay scales real   much.   I  think  the  main  solution  would  be    educated,  skilled  HTs  out there...pay them like a skill   graduate!!   35K  a  year  for some places to start?  How    $400  a month in student loans and live with that salary?  J   cents...

   Oh  and  Amy...there  are  no stupid   histology  it's a great field.     talking to yourself...it's a histo. th
   Sarah Goebel, B.A., HT (ASCP)

   Histotechnician

   XBiotech USA Inc.

   8201 East Riverside Dr. Bldg
   Austin, Texas  78744

   <
   (512)386-5
   -------- Original Message --------
   Subject: RE: [Histonet] RE: Cutting, Processing, etc
   From: "Nails, Felton" <[1]fln   Date: Fri, September 17, 2010 10:03 am
   To:      "'[2]histotech <@t> imagesbyhop   @imagesbyhopper.com>,
   "'mohamed abd el razik'" <[4]k84as <@t> yahoo   "[5]Histonet <@t> lists.utsout   Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
   As I look through and monitor questions, it is apparent that our field
   is  d   stains  or  IHC  st   taught  in  histology 101. My    the field, who and what will be left   who  ask, don't take offense to my thought   up a book and read. You will improve yourself an   Just my thoughts, if I offended you it was not my intent.