[Histonet] Cassette Labeler

Wanda.Smith <@t> HCAhealthcare.com Wanda.Smith <@t> HCAhealthcare.com
Fri Sep 17 08:37:11 CDT 2010

Good Morning,
We process about that many blocks per day also, and I would say YES it is worth getting a cassette labeler.  Leica/Surgipath has a small semi-automatic cassette labeler that we are in the process of buying and we LOVE it.  It will print the accession# and the patient's name on the front of the cassette which complies with CAP's 2 pt identifiers.  The automated part is you can set it to advance to the next acc # or advance the block or specimen numbers.  Tonia Crook is our rep and her cell # is 803-237-9969 or call your Leica rep in your area.
Happy cutting!!!
Wanda

WANDA G. SMITH, HTL(ASCP)HT
Pathology Supervisor
TRIDENT MEDICAL CENTER
9330 Medical Plaza Drive
Charleston, SC  29406
843-847-4586
843-847-4296 fax

This email and any files transmitted with it may contain PRIVILEGED or CONFIDENTIAL information and may be read or used only by the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient of the email or any of its attachments, please be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, distribution, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email or any attached files is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please immediately purge it and all attachments and notify the sender by reply email or contact the sender at the number listed.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of DianaRip1 <@t> aol.com
Sent: Thursday, September 16, 2010 8:45 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Cassette Labeler

I work in a small lab and process approx 150 cassettes a day.  We currently use a chemical resistant pen that works great.  We write the number on top and the patient initials  on the side.  We are considering getting a cassette labeler.  Is it  really worth the expense for 150 blocks a day?  Is it possible to enter  information on the side of the cassette?  Can you share some of your  experience with different ones with me.