[Histonet] C3 and C5b-9

Fischer, Dolores Dolores_Fischer <@t> baxter.com
Wed Sep 15 10:52:22 CDT 2010

Hi fellow histonetters,

I am trying to work out an assay for complement 3 and C5b-9 detection in rodent.   I have moved on to mouse, but have done some work with rats also.  I haven't felt all that successful in my endeavors.   In mice, the tissue of interest is kidney and have thus far proceeded in the following manner:   Section frozen kidneys, place on + slides, air dry overnight, fix in chilled acetone 10 min, proceed with a standard ABC protocol.  I have found rabbit poly from Abcam against C5b-9 in mouse and two anti-C3 antibodies from Thermo against mouse.    My results haven't been all that great and the tissue often comes off the slides, so my results are ugly and frustrating.   Also, I can only go by what I am told and that is that my kidneys should be expressing complement, so I don't really have a good control.

Anyone out there familiar with C3/C5b-9 detection in rodents who can offer any advise or suggestions?  We would like to stay away from fluorescent procedures if possible.  Any thoughts as to why I might be losing my tissue off the slides?

Thank you for your help,

Dolores
The information transmitted is intended only for the person(s)or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged material. Delivery of this message to any person other than the intended recipient(s) is not intended in any way to waive privilege or confidentiality. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of , or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you receive this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

For Translation:

http://www.baxter.com/email_disclaimer