[Histonet] Re: X50 for Derm Lab

c_m_hernandezjr <@t> yahoo.com c_m_hernandezjr <@t> yahoo.com
Tue Sep 14 23:15:39 CDT 2010

Melinda,

Thank you so much for the very informative feedback regarding your processing. It helps a lot!

Carlos
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

-----Original Message-----
From: Melinda Sokol <m.sokol37 <@t> gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 18:25:14
To: <c_m_hernandezjr <@t> yahoo.com>
Subject: X50 for Derm Lab

Hi Carlos,

My name is Melinda Hamilton and I work for a company called West Dermatology
Pathology in Placentia CA. We hace 2 VIP K Processors (our back-up
workhorses), a Leica Peloris and an X-50 from Sakura. Due to staffing, we
use the X-50 and the Peloris as we can run continuously.
For the X-50, we start a batch of 40 cassettes after grossing into a
Pre-processing solution for 30 minutes, This includes shaves, punches,
excisions and minute bx's. We then place the tissue into a molecular
solution for 5 minutes, then onto the X-50 which then takes 1 1/2 hours. At
the same time we can run a 2-hour process on the Peloris but minus the
excisions. All excisions go on a 6- hour process if going onto the Peloris.
By using the X-50 it cuts down on chemical waste, The Techs have an easier
time of cutting the tissue and the Pathologists don't know the difference on
what machine was used for processing.
If you have any further questions, please fill free to call or e-mail back.

Regards,

Melinda A Hamilton HT (ASCP)
NSH Tissue Control Curator
LA Chapter President