[Histonet] Snap freezing using a "Dry Shipper?"

Hugh Luk hlukey <@t> msn.com
Mon Sep 13 22:02:47 CDT 2010

Hi Histonetters,

I need some advice as my group is tasked to procure tissue from surgery sites off-campus.  Logistics within those other hospitals
do not allow a liquid nitrogen source, and my health and safety folks have
asked us to consider using a "Dry Shippers" or cryoport for snap
freezing.  Does anyone do this?

We are concerned that the vapor alone would be insufficient to preserve RNA,
DNA, and morphology.

We currently use a dewar for liquid nitrogen preservation, but it does not involve the whole 'transport issue'.

Research or hospital perspectives are welcome.

Thanks in advance and have a good week.

Hugh

Cancer research center of Hawaii