[Histonet] Sakura X50 Microwave Tissue Processor

WILLIAM DESALVO wdesalvo.cac <@t> hotmail.com
Sun Sep 12 19:13:25 CDT 2010

Carlos,
I think Rene is missing the point, anyone that has substantial derm work will know that workflow is king when the client demand is 1 day TAT. There are many conventional processing instruments and methods, but I think you are right to consider rapid continuous processing. You need a continuous process flow to be the most cost effective in processing the skin biopsies through the lab. You will be ale to remove large batching, waiting for instruments to clean and xylene from your processing. You will no longer wait until the next day to turn out cases to the pathologists or have to make your staff come in at 3-4 am, when they can work more desirable hours. Move to a continuous process flow and the cost of a LEAN instrument that functions efficiently in the process is worth every penny. I have used the X120 for 5+ yrs and there is great value in rapid, continuous processing.

William DeSalvo, B.S., HTL(ASCP)