[Histonet] Microm HM330

Yu, Jian YuJ2 <@t> upmc.edu
Fri Sep 10 16:45:58 CDT 2010

I have a used HM330 which has been working well for past several years.   Recently, the quick release clamp does not lock the knife/holder down well, which is causing problems in knife consumption and quality of sections.  I paid ~$3000 about 4 years ago for this one.  Does anyone know whether anyone services this and sell replacement parts, or I am better off get another used one.  I have a small research lab with 3-4 people using the microtome for cutting mouse tissues, not on a daily basis.

I am at University of Pittsburgh.  Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and have a great weekend,

Jian Yu
Jian Yu, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Pathology
University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute
Hillman Cancer Center Research Pavilion
Office Suite 2.26h, Laboratory 2.43
5117 Centre Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15213

Phone: 412-623-7786, (Lab) 412-623-3255
Fax:   412-623-7778
Email:  yuj2 <@t> upmc.edu