[Histonet] Flat Ice???

Sherwood, Margaret MSHERWOOD <@t> PARTNERS.ORG
Fri Sep 10 09:58:01 CDT 2010

We use a styrofoam container and have no problem with it freezing flat.  Are you
containers sitting flat in the freezer?

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Susan Raibley
Sent: Friday, September 10, 2010 10:52 AM
To: Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Flat Ice???

Hello! I would greatly appreciate any tips or tricks to getting ice to freeze
flat in the pan! We are tired of opening the freezer to see mountains that have
formed in our pans overnight, making it hard to try and fit all the blocks we
need to microtome on them. We have two freezers and they both have this problem.
Help please! Thanks!

Susan Bincsik, HT (ASCP)