[Histonet] tissue refixation ?

Benoit Loup benoit.loup <@t> jouy.inra.fr
Thu Sep 9 11:23:04 CDT 2010

  Hi to all,

I have some troubles with H/E staining of tissues fixed in Bouin's.
In fact it worked very well during my first assays and now my tissue
sections are torn and looks like bad.
I think that the fixation time was not sufficient (4h for 3mmx2mmx2mm
pieces). Thus is it possible to dewax, rehydrate and refix tissue in
bouin's before sectioning ?
I also have some pieces already sectioned and mounted on slide but not
yet dewaxed and stained. Is it also possible to refix these sections or
are they definitively lost ?

Thanks to all for your comments and help.

Benoit

--
Benoit Loup, PhD
UMR Biologie du Développement et Reproduction

Tel: 33 1 34 65 25 38
Fax: 33 1 34 65 22 41
E-mail: benoit.loup <@t> jouy.inra.fr