[Histonet] bar coding specimens, slides, blocks

Feher, Stephen sfeher <@t> CMC-NH.ORG
Thu Sep 9 11:03:55 CDT 2010

We have had a great deal of success using Leica's IPC and IPS cassette
and slide labelers.  We use Soft Path but I had heard that the Leica LIS
experts have experience interfacing with a number of LIS systems.  We
set these up basically as just another printer that is interfaced with
our LIS system.  The software within the Leica labelers produces the
cassettes and slides with any configuration of accession number and/or
bar code that you would like.  We chose to use 2d barcode to save space
on the cassette and slide.  We also print our ThinPrep slides this way.
Leica and Hologic got together to make sure we were able to use the
correct coding to use these slides on our ThinPrep Imager.

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Horn,
Hazel V
Sent: Wednesday, September 08, 2010 4:08 PM
To: HISTONET <@t> PATHOLOGY.SWMED.EDU
Subject: [Histonet] bar coding specimens, slides, blocks

I am looking for a vendor that has the capability to barcode specimens,
blocks and slides.   Also if it can interface with Meditech client
server 6.0 it would be a plus.

Hazel Horn
Hazel Horn, HT/HTL (ASCP)
Supervisor of Autopsy/Histology/Transcription Arkansas Children's
Hospital
1 Children's Way    Slot 820
Little Rock, AR   72202

phone   501.364.4240
fax        501.364.3155

visit us on the web at:    www.archildrens.org

The information contained in this message may be privileged and
confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this
responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of
communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the
message and deleting it from your computer.
Thank you.