[Histonet] Odd question

sgoebel <@t> xbiotech.com sgoebel <@t> xbiotech.com
Wed Sep 8 16:36:43 CDT 2010

   Formalin  is  a  biohazard  and I think there are restrictions on tra   nsporting  it  anywhere (even home from the hospital).  I know at past
   j   It   mention   your faci   that  anything  r   facility?  This usually
   Sarah Goebel, B.A., HT (ASCP)

   <
   Histotechn
   XBiotech USA Inc.

   8201 East Riverside D   Austin, Texas  78744
   (51
   -------- Original Message --------
   Subject: [Histonet] Odd question
   From:  [1]Kim.Donadio <@t> bhcpns.org<   2:31 pm
   To: [2]histonet <@t> lists.uts   Hi Histonetters,
   Can  anyone  give  me any idea of any laws that guide giving a patient
   there  organ  after  we  have  taken  from  it  what we need to do the
   Histology?
   I  know we have to keep it for a minimum of two weeks after sign out (
   our  <   it as medical waste.
   Are  any  of  you  aware  of  any guidelines on giving a patient there
   entire
   organ which would be submerged in formalin?
   Help and thanks in advance :-)
   Kim Donadio
   Pathology Supervisor
   Baptist Hospital
   1000 W Moreno St.
   Pensacola FL 32501
   Phone (850) 469-7718
   Fax (850) 434-4996
   All electronic data transmissions originating from or sent to
   Baptist Health Care Corporation (BHC) are subject to monitoring.
   This message along with any attached data, are the confidential and
   proprietary communications of BHC and are intended to be received
   only by the individual or individuals to whom the message has been
   addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended
   recipient, please take notice that any use, copying, printing,
   forwarding or distribution of this message, in any form, is
   strictly prohibited and may violate State or Federal Law. If you
   have received this transmission in error, please delete or destroy
   all copies of this message. For questions, contact the BHC Privacy
   Officer at (850) 434-4472. Rev.10/07.