[Histonet] RE: Pathology billing for consultation

Nails, Felton flnails <@t> texaschildrens.org
Wed Sep 8 10:51:14 CDT 2010

That is the case here also

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Mahoney,Janice A
Sent: Wednesday, September 08, 2010 10:37 AM
To: 'Weems, Joyce'; Demarinis, Carolyn; HISTONET <@t> PATHOLOGY.SWMED.EDU
Subject: [Histonet] RE: Pathology billing for consultation

If our Pathologists need a second opinion we eat the charge.  If it is requested by the clinician, we request that he/she be billed.   If it is the patient we bill the patient (or ask the consultant to bill the patient)  All of this depends on patient status/medicare etc.
I'm very interested in seeing how others respond.
Jan Mahoney
Omaha