[Histonet] IHC Staining Problem

Jennifer Hill jhill <@t> vet.k-state.edu
Sun Oct 31 14:29:59 CDT 2010

Thanks to everyone who has responded so far.  To answer the questions asked, our controls are either being cut the same day or the day or two before, so they are not setting for extended periods.  We have also used at least three or four different controls, all with the same results. (The controls stain fine for other tests: CD20, CD3, etc.)The pathologists are saying that the patient slides are not staining as well.  So it doesn't seem to be something so simple as a control issue.  As to the dehydration/deparafinization, that takes place on an automated stainer, and no other stains are having issues so I don't believe that is the issue either.

Jennifer Hill
Kansas State University
Veterinary Diagnostic Lab