[Histonet] Xylene Substitute

histotech <@t> imagesbyhopper.com histotech <@t> imagesbyhopper.com
Mon Oct 25 15:13:05 CDT 2010

Sheila,

You might want to talk to the Leica rep.  My guy was here a couple of weeks
ago and they have a xylene sub and a mouting media that plays nicely with
it.  I don't recall the name of the product, but it might be worth talking
to him about it.

Good Luck!

Michelle

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Sheila Haas
Sent: Monday, October 25, 2010 3:07 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Xylene Substitute

Hi all!
I'm looking for recommendations for a xylene substitute for our processing
and
staining. We have two VIP's and a Leica stainer. We use Permount for
coverslipping (manually with glass). Does anyone use a xylene substitute
that you would recommend for this combination?
Thank you!

Sheila Haas
Laboratory Supervisor
MicroPath Laboratories, Inc.