[Histonet] Temporary Scientific Associate, Histology, spring 2011
JWatson <@t> gnf.org
Mon Oct 25 10:04:23 CDT 2010
GNF is currently seeking a temporary Scientific Associate to join the Histology group, for the beginning of March 2011 through the end of July 2011. Perform necropsies, tissue processing, slide sectioning, routine staining, special staining, immunohistochemical staining and complex procedures necessary in preparing specimens of animal tissue in a research environment.
Associate's or B.S. degree in a biological science or completion of a NAACLS accredited School of Histotechnology is required. American Society of Clinical Pathologist (ASCP) certification as a HT or HTL is required. Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description. The employee must have 2-5 years of experience in the Histology lab performing animal techniques, a wide variety of manual histochemical and enzymatic staining, automated and manual immunohistochemistry, and automated and manual in-situ hybridization.
1. Identifies significant tissue elements microscopically to determine quality of staining.
2. Necropsy, fix, trim, process, and embed animal tissue for paraffin and frozen sections.
3. Performs Microtomy on rotary microtome, cryostat, and be able to use a sliding microtome.
4. Prepares dyes and solutions in order to perform routine, special, and complex procedures.
5. Have experience in histochemical stains and enzymatic histochemical stains. Be able to trouble shoot and correct problems with histochemical stains. Have experience in Immunohistochemical staining and other advanced histological procedures.
6. Maintains lab work area by performing preventative maintenance on instruments and equipment and keeping the work area clean and orderly.
7. Operate Slide scanning Instrumentation.
Interested candidates please send a copy of your CV with a summary of research experience, and three references.
Job Code: JW10-013
Contact:E-mail: jobs <@t> gnf.org<mailto:jobs <@t> gnf.org>
James Watson HT ASCP
Facilities Manager of Histology
GNF Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation
Fax 858-812-1915<mailto:858-812-1915jwatson <@t> gnf.org>
jwatson <@t> gnf.org
More information about the Histonet