[Histonet] QMS MANUAL

Feher, Stephen sfeher <@t> CMC-NH.ORG
Fri Oct 22 12:12:32 CDT 2010

I would recommend a CAP publication, "Quality Management in Anatomic
Pathology; Promoting Patient Safety Through Systems Improvement and
Error Reduction", Raouf E. Nakhleh, MD, Patrick L. Fitzgibbons, MD,
Editors.

You should be able to order it on the CAP website.  It's not very
expensive and does a good job of outlining a great QM Manual.  There are
lots of sample pages that can be readily adapted to your particular lab.

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Adrienne
Aperghis Kavanagh
Sent: Wednesday, October 20, 2010 7:04 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] QMS MANUAL

Does anyone have a basic format or table of contents they would be
willing to share regarding a QMS (Quality Management Systems) Manual?
I am in the process of getting one together and am a little overwhelmed.
We are supposed to base our QMS on NYSDOH...as if that helps.  Even a
link in the right direction would be MUCH appreciated.  You can message
me privately, if you wish.

Thanks in advance, friends!

ADRIENNE