[Histonet] Autofluorescence and literature for getting rid of the problem

WILLIAM DESALVO wdesalvo.cac <@t> hotmail.com
Tue Oct 19 16:23:46 CDT 2010

I would suggest using a sigma-aldrich product, Evans Blue (E2129). This product can be used as a counterstain in immunohistochemistry when using FITC. After staining for immunofluorescence, dip sections in a 0.1% (w/v) in water solution of Evans Blue for 5-10 minutes. Rinse well in fresh PBS or water before coverslipping. Reference: Immunocytochemistry, Theory and Practice, p. 82 (1988). Quick and very easy.

William DeSalvo, B.S., HTL(ASCP)