[Histonet] Re: Histonet Digest, Vol 83, Issue 20

Weems, Joyce JWeems <@t> sjha.org
Thu Oct 14 10:25:15 CDT 2010

The change is that you can bill per block now and not per specimen. This is for immunos and special stains. It does make a huge difference!

Best,

Joyce Weems
Pathology Manager
Saint Joseph's Hospital
5665 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd NE
Atlanta, GA 30342
678-843-7376 - Phone
678-843-7831 - Fax

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Chris Evanish
Sent: Thursday, October 14, 2010 11:10
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Re: Histonet Digest, Vol 83, Issue 20

Has anyone heard of a cpt coding change that allows us to bill 88342 per slide run instead of per antibody? One of our Pathologist was at a conference and was told that we could do that. It makes a big difference with running cytokeratins on multiple blocks and levels of sentinel nodes.

  Thanks,
Chris Evanish
Montgomery Hospital
Norristown PA

Chris D. Evanish
Histology Supervisor
Montgomery Hospital
610-270-2379

Please consider the environment before printing this email " to your outgoing mail.
Confidentiality Notice:
This e-mail, including any attachments is the
property of Catholic Health East and is intended
for the sole use of the intended recipient(s).
It may contain information that is privileged and
confidential.  Any unauthorized review, use,
disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are
not the intended recipient, please delete this message, and
reply to the sender regarding the error in a separate email.