[Histonet] RE: fridge/freezer storage space

Emily Sours talulahgosh <@t> gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 08:15:44 CDT 2010

If you don't want to pay $2000 for software, you should just make your own
excel worksheet.  Have one person be in charge of it and no one is allowed
to put anything in the freezer without asking for permission.  I had to
clean a departmental freezer once, and it was awful.  So much stuff no one
knew about, so I just chucked it.  My motto is if it's not been claimed by
three days, chuck it.
Also, make everyone label their stuff with their PI's name.  Or if you're
not in research, with your lab's room number, or something like that.  My
other motto, if it doesn't have a PI's name on it, it goes in the trash.
People were really whiny at first, but now there's no extra crap in the cold
room or warm room unless it's labeled.
I rule with an iron fist!! Don't cross the departmental manager!!

Emily
--
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark
to read.