SPAM-LOW: RE: [SPAM-HC] - RE: [Histonet] RE: New Cap Guidelines for Her2 and ER/PR - Email found in subject

Patsy Ruegg pruegg <@t> ihctech.net
Tue Oct 12 20:03:08 CDT 2010

The ASCO/CAP Guidelines for ER/Pr may indeed eventually include Her2 but
that has not been published yet as far as I know so we still have to wait
for the 6-72 hr fixation guidelines to be decreed for Her2, now for Her2 it
is 6-48 hours.  They are asking that you record cold ischemic time and time
in fixation for ER/PR and it is sure to come for Her2 so if your staff are
being good at providing that you are ahead of the game.

Regards,

Patsy Ruegg, HT(ASCP)QIHC
IHCtech
12635 Montview Blvd. Ste.215
Aurora, CO 80045
720-859-4060
fax 720-859-4110
www.ihctech.net
www.ihcrg.org

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Weems, Joyce
Sent: Tuesday, October 12, 2010 12:31 PM
To: Cazares, Ruth; Teri.Hallada <@t> midmichigan.org; Janice.Mahoney <@t> alegent.org;
mpence <@t> grhs.net; Joyce.Cline <@t> wchsys.org; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: SPAM-LOW: RE: [SPAM-HC] - RE: [Histonet] RE: New Cap Guidelines for
Her2 and ER/PR - Email found in subject

Yes, but they didn't include HER2 officially. Those guidelines are still to
come is my understanding.

And then there is documenting the "cold ishemic time". The nursing staff
here have been really good about it. They have to document when it was
removed from the body and when it was put in formalin. There is not much
difference unless it goes for xray before being put in formalin. Always
something new to document!  j