[Histonet] Defrosting Cryostat

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Tue Oct 12 10:16:40 CDT 2010

The best solution is to buy a "self-defrosting" cryostat. They work in the same way as your home freezer and do not build-up ice.
René J.

--- On Tue, 10/12/10, Emily Sours <talulahgosh <@t> gmail.com> wrote:

From: Emily Sours <talulahgosh <@t> gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Histonet] Defrosting Cryostat
To: Beth.Fye <@t> hcahealthcare.com, histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Date: Tuesday, October 12, 2010, 10:31 AM

Our cryostat is a CM3050--we let it defrost overnight with the glass door
open and it's fine the next morning.  alternatively, you could defrost it
over a weekend.  i don't know how long disinfecting takes, though, so this
may not be feasible for you.
also, it only takes a few hours more to get back down to the working
temperature, so it's ready to use the next day, just later, at say noon or
so.

Emily
--

Correction:

This blog post originally stated that one in three black men who have sex
with me is HIV positive. In fact, the statistic applies to black men who
have sex with men.

http://www.tbd.com/blogs/amanda-hess/2010/10/hiv-positive-black-gay-men-to-get-the-bayard-rustin-project-a-district-campaign-against-aids-2873.html