[Histonet] Quality Assurance for Histology

Jesus Ellin JEllin <@t> yumaregional.org
Mon Oct 11 11:06:13 CDT 2010

We have a place in out LIS that the Pathologist can choose and document everything, then we run a report that tabulates and give us the values and solutions.  One thing I am seeing here is that we also need to address the solution.  A lot of people that I have inspected do great with marking the issues, but solutions and tracking they do not do well.

Jesus Ellin

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Tench, Bill
Sent: Monday, October 11, 2010 9:02 AM
To: Podawiltz, Thomas; Rene J Buesa; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu; Laurie Colbert
Subject: RE: [Histonet] Quality Assurance for Histology

Why would you want to have the pathologists fill out a QA sheet for a function you have already performed (and should document).  This would seem to be a meaningless exercise (ie, waste of time) for the pathologist.

Bill Tench
Associate Dir. Laboratory Services
Chief, Cytology Services
Palomar Medical Center