[Histonet] cassette labelers

Shelly Christenson christen <@t> vet.k-state.edu
Fri Oct 8 08:05:12 CDT 2010

Surgipath/Leica Biosystems has a cassette printer you may want to look at. You can set it up to type a double line on the cassette. We have two of them and have had no problems with them.

Shelly Christenson HT(ASCP)
Veterinary Diagnostic Labortory
Kansas State University
Mosier Hall L-216
Manhattan, Kansas 66506

From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] on behalf of Robert Richmond [rsrichmond <@t> gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 07, 2010 9:16 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] cassette labelers

 I'm advising a locum tenens client of mine about acquiring a cassette
labeler. The only one I'm familiar with is Thermo Scientific's
Cassette MicroWriter. Some questions for HistoNet:

1) A JCAHO inspector informed them that a cassette labeler will soon
be required. Does anyone know if this is in fact the case?

2) Will the labeler print patients' names, or other second identifiers
such as JCAHO now requires?

3) Are these labelers available in the used instrument market?

4) Is there any competition, or is the Thermo product all there is?

5) How well do these labelers withstand use?

Bob Richmond
Samurai Pathologist
Knoxville TN