[Histonet] Equipment Purchase Questions

Mike Pence mpence <@t> grhs.net
Thu Oct 7 11:36:00 CDT 2010

I third that! I have had my Peloris for about 2 years. The key is thin,
uniform sections.

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Mahoney,Janice A
Sent: Thursday, October 07, 2010 11:24 AM
To: 'Feher, Stephen'; Cruise, Karen; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: RE: [Histonet] Equipment Purchase Questions

I completely agree with Steve.
Jan M
Omaha

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Feher,
Stephen
Sent: Thursday, October 07, 2010 11:21 AM
To: Cruise, Karen; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu

Karen,

I would highly recommend Leica's Peloris processor.  We use it for rapid
tissue processing (2 hour processing time for cores and small
specimens).  It gives us the option of using one retort for rapid
processing and the other for more conventional processing.  We are also
saving on reagents since we do not have to change out the entire
processor weekly or twice per week.  Peloris keeps track of the reagents
and lets us know when one of them needs to be changed.

We have been using our two units for a little over 9 months and we have
yet to have anything either over or under processed.

Steve