[Histonet] Equipment Purchase Questions

Feher, Stephen sfeher <@t> CMC-NH.ORG
Thu Oct 7 11:21:03 CDT 2010

Karen,

I would highly recommend Leica's Peloris processor.  We use it for rapid
tissue processing (2 hour processing time for cores and small
specimens).  It gives us the option of using one retort for rapid
processing and the other for more conventional processing.  We are also
saving on reagents since we do not have to change out the entire
processor weekly or twice per week.  Peloris keeps track of the reagents
and lets us know when one of them needs to be changed.

We have been using our two units for a little over 9 months and we have
yet to have anything either over or under processed.

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Cruise,
Karen
Sent: Thursday, October 07, 2010 12:09 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Equipment Purchase Questions

Hello Histo  Community,
 We are currently looking to purchase several items. I'm hoping someone
can shed light on whether or not we are headed in the right direction.
Processor: Initially we were leaning towards the Leica ASP 300, now I'm
wondering if we are about to purchase to much processor for the needs of
our lab. We process maybe 50 blocks per month. We are unable to use a
microwave processor. We process about 95% breast tissue. Someone
mentioned the TP1020. Has anyone any comments on this processor.

We are also looking to purchase a ph meter and a fume adsorber, any
recommendations ?
Your responses will be greatly appreciated as we are looking to purchase
before the end of the month.

Thanks for all your help and suggestions, Karen

Karen E. Cruise
Histologist / Research Technician II
Washington University School of Medicine Laboratory for Translational
Pathology
216 S. Kingshighway Rm #2332
St Louis, MO 63110
314-454-8636 Office