[Histonet] Re: PI for Pathologists

Robert Richmond rsrichmond <@t> gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 16:46:20 CDT 2010

From: "Laurie Colbert" <laurie.colbert <@t> huntingtonhospital.com>
Subject: [Histonet] PI for Pathologists
Laurie Colbert at Huntington Hospital in Pasadena CA asks:

>>Our pathologists do not like the CAP survey for their performance improvement program in Surgical Pathology.  Does anyone know of any other company/organization that might offer something like this for our pathologists?<<

Do your pathologists have any input into this decision? I think there
are some local programs in California. You're probably referring to
the "PIP" - the Performance Improvement Program in Surgical Pathology
of the College of American Pathologists. I've subscribed since 1993
and have never thought very much of it. The CAP need to avail
themselves of the new virtual slide technology (such as Aperio's) -
this will become more attractive with the new DICOM image standards
for pathology - and re-do the PIP program.

Bob Richmond
Samurai Pathologist
Knoxville TN