[Histonet] Marking inks

Nails, Felton flnails <@t> texaschildrens.org
Fri Oct 1 10:53:53 CDT 2010

We use marking ink from Statlab or Mercedes Medical.
After applying the ink to the tissue, we take weak acetic acid solution and blot it over the ink which helps it adhere.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Richard Cartun
Sent: Friday, October 01, 2010 9:41 AM
To: Histonet
Subject: [Histonet] Marking inks

What are labs using for "marking inks" for surgical pathology specimens?  I have been told that we are having problems with the product that we are currently using.  Thanks.

Richard

Richard W. Cartun, MS, PhD
Director, Histology & Immunopathology
Director, Biospecimen Collection Programs Assistant Director, Anatomic Pathology Hartford Hospital 80 Seymour Street Hartford, CT  06102
(860) 545-1596 Office
(860) 545-2204 Fax

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
 The information in this e-mail may be confidential and/or
 privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient or an
 authorized representative of the intended recipient, you
 are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, or
 copying of this e-mail and its attachments, if any, or
 the information contained herein is prohibited.  If you
 have received this e-mail in error, please immediately
 notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this e-mail
 from your computer system.  Thank you.