[Histonet] CHECKING ALCOHOL CONCENTRATIONS

Amos Brooks amosbrooks <@t> gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 05:14:55 CST 2010

Hi Jim,
     Hydrometers can get really expensive. I searched around for one with a
good price and stumbled on this one from Cole Parmer (now Thermo like
everyone else in the world):
Thermo Scientific ERTCO® Alcohol Hydrometer, 0 to 100% Tralle, 0 to 200 Proof,
Plain Form ... CAT# EW-08285-00
	I picked it up for $29.50, but that was with my University discount. I'm not
sure what regular price is or what discounts you might be able to get. It sure
beat the heck out of some of these $200 ones out there. This one has both ETOH
percentages as well as ETOH proofs. It works well for us.

Happy Thanksgiving,
Amos

Message: 4
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 13:02:24 -0600
From: "Vickroy, Jim" <Vickroy.Jim <@t> mhsil.com>
Subject: [Histonet] CHECKING ALCOHOL CONCENTRATIONS
To: "histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu"

Does anyone know where we can purchase a hydrometer or other instrument for
confirming alcohol percentages, such as 70, 85, 95, 100?   We had a mixup in
chemicals on a processor and I am going to be asked about instruments to
confirm percentages before processing.

Meeting with risk management tomorrow.

James Vickroy BS, HT(ASCP)

Surgical  and Autopsy Pathology Technical Supervisor
Memorial Medical Center
217-788-4046