[Histonet] RE: Metal detectors

Shirley A. Powell POWELL_SA <@t> mercer.edu
Thu Nov 18 13:04:04 CST 2010

A small stud finder should work.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Gagnon, Eric
Sent: Thursday, November 18, 2010 12:26 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Metal detectors

This is an interesting idea, Valerie, and I too will be interested in any responses.  Such a detector would certainly reduce the number of "I couldn't see the staples" responses we get when we ask our Pathologist's Assistants about these problematic sections.  Another question I'd have is whether the detector can detect all sizes of surgical staples: the large ones and the multiple tiny ones which tend to be used in greater numbers and are harder to detect.

Now if we could only find a suture detector...

Thanks in advance,

Eric Gagnon MLT
Histology Laboratory
Kingston General Hospital,