[Histonet] room temp monitoring

Sebree Linda A LSebree <@t> uwhealth.org
Wed Nov 17 11:19:28 CST 2010

Wouldn't all your cabinets be the same temperature as that of the room
the cabinets are in?  We just monitor the general ambient temperature
because some of our reagents state that storage is at room temperature.

Linda A. Sebree
University of Wisconsin Hospital & Clinics
IHC/ISH Laboratory
DB1-223 VAH
600 Highland Ave.
Madison, WI 53792
(608)265-6596

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Carol
Bryant
Sent: Wednesday, November 17, 2010 10:37 AM
To: Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] room temp monitoring

ANP. 21390 Reagent Storage
All reagents are stored as recommended by the manufacturer.
The evidence of compliance now states you must show records such as
refrigerator, freezer and room temperature monitoring as applicable.

We keep records of the refrigerator temps used to store our IHC but we
have reagents used for cytology and histology in various cabinets in our
laboratory.  Someone suggested this new reg. means we must use
thermometers to keep logs of the room temp in each cabinet where
reagents are stored.  We have about 6 cabinets with room temp. reagents.

How do you interpret this reference to room temperature monitoring?

Thank you in advance for your response.

Carol Bryant, CT (ASCP)
Cytology/Histology Manager
Pathology Services
Lexington Clinic
Phone (859) 258-4082
Fax (859) 258-4081
cbrya <@t> lexclin.com

NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY

This message, including any attachments, is intended only for the sole
use of the addressee and may contain confidential or privileged
information that is protected by the State of Kentucky and/or Federal
regulations.  If you are not the intended recipient, do not read, copy,
retain or disseminate this message or any attachment. If you have
received this message in error, please call the sender immediately at
(859)258-4000 and delete all copies of this message and any attachment.
Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, copying or distribution is
strictly prohibited.  Neither the transmission of this message or any
attachment, nor any error in transmission or misdelivery shall
constitute waiver of any applicable legal privilege.