[Histonet] Frozen brain slices

ANJUM PARKAR axp969 <@t> psu.edu
Tue Nov 16 17:55:27 CST 2010

Thanks Tina. I will try that for the already frozen brains. Also I did some
slicing today with some of my frozen brains and kept the block in the cryostat
till it came to temperature and as compared to before I think I can say that
the slices came out pretty well. I guess the temperature is the trick here.
Well I am going to run some stains on them and see how they turn out and then I
can say for sure that I have a good working protocol hopefully. These slices
are for slide mounting not free floating. I do use the anti-roll plate and I
did realize that it was a little off in its angle with respect to the knife and
hence one another issue that needed fixing. Will let you on my progress.
Thanks Liz for letting me know. Have you tried the Fluro Jade? The original, B
or C?

Anjum,