[Histonet] RE:Tap Water or filtration system

Margaryan, Naira NMargaryan <@t> childrensmemorial.org
Mon Nov 15 15:20:33 CST 2010

What if we suggest to use ddH2O both for TBST preparation and in autostainers (before and after IHC) because the PH level is vary in different states.

Naira

**************

Confidentiality Note: This message (including any attachments) is intended for the use of the named recipient(s) only and may contain confidential and/or proprietary information. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete this message. Any unauthorized use of the information contained in this message is prohibited.

-----Original Message-----

Message: 11

Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 10:50:50 -0700

From: "Vanessa Avalos" <vavalos <@t> allergydermatology.com>

Subject: [Histonet] Tap Water or filtration system

To: <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>

We are in the process of getting our new Lecia Autostainer delivered to us.

The question came up if we will still need to continue using our water

purification system for the stainer. Mostly the docs would like to save

money but I don't want them to be unhappy with the result.

I would like to hear all the pros and cons of discontinuing/continuing the

use of our system and going w/ tap water from the sink. What is the PH level

supposed to test at? What difference will I see in the slides? By the way, I

only stain H&E  at the current time but there is a possibility of starting

PAS or other special stains.

Thank you in advance!!!

V.Avalos

ADS, INC