[Histonet] Slide Mates and Cassette printers

Rick.Garnhart <@t> memorialhealthsystem.com Rick.Garnhart <@t> memorialhealthsystem.com
Mon Nov 15 12:57:18 CST 2010

We have three of the older six hopper Thermo Micro cassette writers and one Thermo slide mate, in addition to four of the Pslims. The Pslims are the
first generation Slide Mate by Accuplace. They are all connected to our APLIS System (PowerPath) and  we use 2D bar-codes on our specimen labels,
cassettes and slides.

We do not produce a cassette or slide without wanding a bar-code.

The printed specimen bar codes that generate the cassettes and bar-coded cassettes that generate the slides for positive patient identification, out
weighs the manual human method is well worth the effort. This is where all histology lab should be moving towards.

 We have some little network issue with them, but for the most part they print great. The cassette printers work well. Remember these are mechanical
and computer driven, so they will fail at times.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Rick Garnhart HT(ASCP)
Memorial Health System
Histology Supervisor
1400 E. Boulder St.
Colorado Springs, CO 80909
Cell: 719-365-8357
Ph:  719-365-6926
Fax: 719-365-6373
rick.garnhart <@t> memorialhealthsystem.com

Mission: To provide the highest quality health care
Vision: To create an outstanding health system where patients heal and people thrive
Values: Compassion - Integrity - Quality - Respect - Teamwork

www.memorialhealthsystem.com

The information contained in or attached to this electronic message is privileged and confidential, intended only for the use of the individual(s)
named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this communication in error, please inform the sender immediately and remove any record of this message.